[mythtv-users] card#0 - Permission Denied! (was: Help with mythtv user account setup)

mythtv at red2.braveturtle.com mythtv at red2.braveturtle.com
Thu Mar 16 15:19:07 UTC 2006

Thank you to everyone who helped me with my "mythtv" user account
problem.  By removing the user and re-adding the "mythtv" user I am now
able to log in as user "mythtv".

However, now I am faced with another problem.  When I run mythtv-setup
as user mythtv, when I try to add my air2pc HD-5000 card I get the
following:

Frontend ID:  could not open card#0! Subtype: permission denied!

When I run mythtv-setup as root and try to add the card, it properly
recognizes the card. But I know I am not supposed to runt it as root.

So can anyone help me with this problem?  I would assume my "mythtv"
user account is still not set up properly, but I am not sure what to do.

Thanks again for everyone's great help.

-Sean