[mythtv-users] mythvideo not recognizing replaytv mpeg files

Warren warren-lists at icruise.com
Thu Mar 16 13:52:12 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/16/2006 07:03 AM, warren-lists at icruise.com wrote:
>

>>> replaytv mpeg files are slightly non-conformant.  Mythvideo is not
>>> recognizing them as valid mpeg files, even though mplayer will play them
>>> just fine.  What can I tweak to have mythvideo work and play well with
>>> these files?
>>>

>> More info - They play is list view and gallery view, but not from Browse
>> view.
>>

> Not sure what you mean.  Does that mean that the show in list/gallery
> views, but do not show in browse view?  Does that mean they show in all,
> but don't play in browse (which would be very strange considering they
> all use the same player commands...).
>
> Mike

Just to make sure I am getting everything right, as I am fairly new at
this.  Whenever I am at the full screen view that shows the title at the
top and the (lack of ) metadata and pictures and the show length at the
bottom, I cannot play the clip.  It gives the overlay telling me that it
is about to play, but never actually plays the show.  However if I go
into the list view which does not go through that screen the clip plays
fine.