[mythtv-users] Watch myth on cell phones

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 05:55:11 UTC 2006

On 3/15/06, Raphael Pooser <rpooser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brian Frost wrote:
> > Is anyone using their phone to watch content? I am just now starting
> > to try this. I have a RAZR v3 -- i am not even sure how phones differ
> > when using WAP -- further, I am not even sure how to see what format
> > they use.
> >

> Sounds interesting to me, I'll be interested.  It seems all you need to
> do is reencode them at a lower bit rate and file size, and get them out
> of the nuv extension.
> Now I still need some kind of bluetooth interface for mythtv so I could
> use my cell phone as a remote.  Why?  Because it would be cool.  maybe
> useless, but cool.
>
> Raphael

did someone mention reencoding?  I was hoping that mythtv would get
functionality to transcode on the fly depending on where it is
streaming to.  I figured this would come about through my own
requirements in writing a RTP/RTCP, RTSP interface to the mythbackend
but thats a long way out.  I'd be interested to hear any progress you
make here.

--
Thanks,
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman dot net>