[mythtv-users] Watch myth on cell phones

Jonathan Tidmore jtidmore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 05:14:28 UTC 2006

On 3/15/06, Garth Benedict <shrkbait at gmail.com> wrote:

> So if you link to a 3gp the razr will download and play it fine.  There
> was no mode for streaming, it did a full download first.  Didn't take that
> long to download the HELLOMOTO.3gp file.

My guess is that you had a http link.  http isn't really a media streaming
protocol, I mean it can do it somewhat, but its not ideal since http isn't
designed to stream.  What you need is to use rtsp to stream media properly.
Something like Helix DNA Server can stream 3gp properly via rtsp at
https://helix-server.helixcommunity.org/2005/devdocs/builds.html.