[mythtv-users] Newbie questions, but not stupid ones (I hope)

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Wed Mar 15 22:01:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 11:00:44AM -0500, Warren wrote:
> I go into "Watch TV" and it returns right back to the menu.

OK, don't know what would cause that...

> So you are saying that (1) I do not have to nfs mount anything (which is
> good - I would rather firewall the ports) and

Correct.  If the programs are not found mounted at the location given
by the database, myth uses its own protocol to stream them to the
frontend.

> (2) you can watch live tv,
> change channels, etc from remote boxes?

Yes.  I hardly ever do, but, when I've tried to, it has worked.

One thing I just thought of, though...  I'm still running 0.18.  If
you're on 0.19, the LiveTV rewrite means that my experience isn't all
that relevant.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that