[mythtv-users] Not getting Dolby Prologic out of s/pdif

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 21:11:08 UTC 2006

On 3/15/06, Steve Skarda <steveskarda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Make sure you have use video as timebase turned off in the playback
> settings.   Having it checked will allow digital signals to work but AC3
> passthrough won't.   Not sure if that is related to your problem or not.

It is turned off.

Let me just try to quickly sum up my issue:

1) I receive HDTV OTA ATSC signal via HD5000
2) The first audio track says it's AC3 5.1
3) Receiver set to "AFD" - Auto Format Decode
4) When it receives the signal, the LCD on the receiver doesn't do
anything (doesn't say what kind of signal it is receiving" and I can
hear noice out of my left and right channels, but never the full
signal (missing voices, etc).
5) If I switch the receiver to "Normal Surround" I'll get the
channels, but the receiver NEVER says it's decoding AC3.
6) If I play a Standard Def recording from my PVR250/500, the receiver
will get the signal and say it's playing a PCM signal.

I think I'm going to submit a ticket, but before I do that, what else
should I do/try/troubleshoot?

Thanks!
Matt