[mythtv-users] Problems mounting DVD with hal

Peter Kornhuld Webmaaschter at gmx.de
Wed Mar 15 20:34:19 UTC 2006

Hello

i'm running SUSE 10.0 and my dvd's are mouted with hal.  But when I look into
the folder I can only see video_ts but not VIDEO_TS. Mythtv Mediamonitor
searches for VIDEO_TS.

In /var/log/messages there is:
hal-subfs-mount[22912]: Collected mount options and Called(0) /bin/mount -t
subfs -o fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=iso8859-15 /dev/hdc
"/media/cdrecorder"

and "mount" returns:
/dev/hdc on /media/cdrecorder type subfs
(ro,nosuid,nodev,fs=cdfss,procuid,iocharset=iso8859-15)

I turned off HAL and tried to mount the DVD with udf and that worked. Now
there is a VIDEO_TS. So i changed in /etc/fstab the line

/dev/cdrecorder /media/cdrecorder       subfs
noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0

into

/dev/cdrecorder /media/cdrecorder       subfs
noauto,fs=udf,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0

and Jipee:
# mount /media/cdrecorder
# l /media/cdrecorder
VIDEO_TS

I could even take out the DVD and put another in, but if I umount the drive
and restart HAL there is the same problem and message in /var/log/message.

How can i configure HAL that it uses udf?

I didn't try to restart the computer with the changed fstab, because there are
plenty of people working with it all day.

Thanks
Peter