[mythtv-users] Not getting Dolby Prologic out of s/pdif

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 20:18:27 UTC 2006

On 3/15/06, Bryan Bennetts <bbennetts at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know there's been loads of posts on s/pdif & 5.1 topics, but I've been
> bashing my head against this for quite a while and still am stuck :-(
>
> I'm using the s/pdif output on my VIA 82xx sound card with success when
> playing DVDs in myth-dvd, all my speakers produce sound and everything is
> hunkydory.
>
> However, when watching live tv I'm only getting the front L & R speaker
> producing (not very good) sound.  I was expecting all the speakers to emit
> sound in a dolby prologic stylee, or am I mad?

I have the same problem.  I'm getting AC3 5.1 in on my HD5000 cards,
and it is NOT producing a valid AC3 signal for my receiver to detect.
Here's the thread I had about it, but no good advice or responses to
help me troubleshoot this issue:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/189875?#189875

Matt