[mythtv-users] Searching for music hangs

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 17:19:28 UTC 2006

> I have a big collection as well, but they're grouped into folders by
> artist/album. Might try mv'ing a* to an "a" directory, b* to a "b"
> directory, etc and see if that helps. It sounds like you might be
> running out of memory. Only way to know for sure would be to run an
> strace on the process or monitor lsof and memory usage as it's running.

It seems that mysqld runs at 87.9% CPU and mythfrontend runs at 6.7% cpu
while the database is scanning.  After a while, it just quits updating the
database...

mysqld
[root at mythtv] # /usr/sbin/lsof -p 3897
Results in nothing for about 5 minutes, so I hit CTRL+C to cancel

> You really have 300GB of mp3's just shoved into a single directory?
> Yikes.

Well, I had around 1200 folders, but I just moved them in to alphanumeric
directories, A, B, C, D, E, ....

Any advice?

-Brian