[mythtv-users] PCI cards for Audio/Video for MythTV

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Wed Mar 15 15:15:32 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I will be using a Intel Server Board that has an expansion slot layout
like this:

PCI-X 66

PCI-X 66

PCI 33

PCI Express x4

PCI 33

PCI Express x16

And I wanted to get comments on how to best populate the system for Myth
TV.

I suspect I would burn the PCI Express x16 on something like:

XFX GeForce 6800 GS/256MB DDR3/PCI Express/SLI/DVI/VGA/TV-Out/Video Card

I was looking at the Creative Labs Audigy 4 Pro card for audio (as it
seems to have bullets for every audio format I can think of and a mess
load of outputs/inputs) But it looks like that burns a PCI-33  slot.

A PVR-500 burns a PCI-33 slot (wanted to save a PCI slot for an additional
capture card, maybe HDTV or a second PVR-500.

Anyone know of sound cards using the PCI-Express x4 (the smaller
connector)?

Or do the PCI-66's accept PCI 33 cards? So much to keep track up these
days..

Nick

  --
Nick Ellson