[mythtv-users] Mac os X intel binary?

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 00:09:04 UTC 2006

On 3/14/06, Todd Houle <thoule at deeleyfoundation.org> wrote:
> Just got my MacBook Pro- so far it's been fun execpt mythtv gives me
> no picture - just audio running through Rosetta...
>
> I'm not qualified to compile it myself (unless I have no choice) so
> does anyone have a precompiled binary of mythtv frontend for Mac
> Intel?  I'm running v.18.1 still - I've been too afraid of breaking
> something to upgrade it since I built it.  Everything's been running
> great so I haven't risked making the wife mad by breaking it for an
> 'upgrade'...

I don't think anyone has a working Intel binary yet.   Several people
have been attempting to build one, but we've run into a problem in the
QuickTime display libraries that prevents any video from being
displayed.    The same issue effects the MacOS-Intel build of VLC and
mplayer, so it's not clear whether it's an Apple problem, or an issue
with how the APIs are being used.

I put up a Wiki page, for collaboration and status tracking:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Myth_on_Mac_x86