[mythtv-users] Yet another NVidia 6200 1080i Component Output thread

Greg Oliver goliver at cistera.com
Tue Mar 14 22:11:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 06:52 -0700, David Sims wrote:

> Just in case you don't find the answer in the other thread, I believe
> this problem is the XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank setting in
> nvidia-setings.  If you turn that off, the video will play.   The
> problem I have with that though is the video always has a tearing
> effect in it with that parameter turned off.  I haven't found a
> solution to that problem.
>
> - David Sims

Also, I have found that the composite out @ 1080i flickers on my set
whereas the VGA out to component in on my tv does not.  Also the
modelines for alleviating some of the overscan works where it does not
under the TV-0 mode.

I am pretty pissed about this card so far.  When they advertise the
TVOut options for HD1080i, etc..  It should use default timings and
resolutions as set forth in the specs and not require special modelines.

-Greg