[mythtv-users] Can't get LiveTV to start with DVB

Matthew Geier matthew at sleeper.apana.org.au
Mon Mar 13 20:09:59 UTC 2006

Matt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been sitting on my HD5000 cards for a while and decided to throw
> them in a new slave backend.  So... I put them in, and everything went
> very smoothly.  I can record HDTV (there are some glitches, but I'm
> sure that's the drivers) and watch what I record, however, I can not
> start LiveTV.  The slavebackend shows:
>
> 2006-03-12 18:08:34.744 TVRec(6): Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> 2006-03-12 18:08:34.747 TVRec(6) Error: Start channel invalid, setting
> to '2_1' on input DVBInput instead.

  I managed to get into that state once - and I eventually edited the
mysql table.

  Live TV returns to the last channel you had watched. If that channel
is no more and you can't get lock anymore, LiveTV errors and returns to
the menu. I couldn't figure out how to get control back so I could
change to a 'real' channel in Myth.
  So I went into the DB tinkered..