[mythtv-users] bob & 800x600 - can someone test?

Nick Bartos spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com
Mon Mar 13 18:50:28 UTC 2006

> Also, if you're interested (Nick), I can document my current settings so
> you can compare.  For starters, I'm running nvidia 7676, mythtv
> 0.19-fixes, ivtv 0.4.2, ubuntu 5.1 with 2.6.15 kernel, an nvidia 5200
> based card, bob deinterlace, 800x600 resolution, OpenGL VSync set in
> mythfrontend and nvidia-settings.  Lemme know if the relevant bits
> correspond and whether you want any further details.

That is extremely close to what I am running now.  If you could, I think
there is some more information that could help:

Do you have all the latest updates installed for ubuntu?

What fixes are you running?  I am running 0.19, tried svn trunk but had
more problems with that.

What's the configure line you are using to compile myth?

Kernel .config (also are you using 2.6.15 exactly, or something like
2.6.15.6).  I am guessing that you compiled your own too since ubuntu 5.1
doesn't come with 2.6.15.

xorg.conf

What cpu and is that card an agp or pci-e (and what brand is it)?

Also your myth settings might help:
echo "SELECT * FROM settings ORDER BY value" | mysql -u root mythconverg >
settings.txt

Since it is working well for you I will hope that one of these things will
lead me in the right direction, then if I can finally fix it I will let
you know what it was.  Thanks.