[mythtv-users] ERROR - Could not find dvb tuning parameters for mplex 0

Nick Crabtree nickcrabtree at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 10:07:40 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am attempting to get my Freecom USB stick to work with MythTV 0.19. (It is
badged Freecom but detected as a WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver
(Typhoon/Freecom) and uses the dvb_usb_dtt200u driver.)

I'm in the UK, right next to the Crystal Palace transmitter. The stick works
fine under Kaffeine.

I am using the Gentoo ebuild mythtv-0.19_p9163 with the dvb "use" flag
enabled (kernel 2.6.15-suspend2-r8).
In mythtv-setup I can connect to the card and it scans and finds the same
channels as Kaffeine does. I have set the startup channel to one of those
presented in the mythtv-setup user interface.

However, when I try to watch TV I get the following errors:

2006-03-06 17:25:16.587 TVRec(1): Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
2006-03-06 17:25:16.613 DVB#0 ERROR - Could not find dvb tuning parameters
for mplex 0
2006-03-06 17:25:16.614 DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to get channel options for
channel ITV2.
2006-03-06 17:25:16.614 TVRec(1) Error: Failed to set channel to ITV2.

Googling for these error messages gives only a couple of hits, and these are
in the MythTV  IRC chat logs, especially recently where somebody with the
handle JimBowen had exactly the same problem. After being asked all the
usual questions about whether he had compiled mythtv / his kernel properly,
etc, nobody was able to help him - but he popped up the next day and had
apparently fixed it in the meantime.

If he, or anybody else, could help me I woud be very grateful.

Cheers,

Nick

--
Nick Crabtree