[mythtv-users] HTPC cases

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 05:05:43 UTC 2006

On 3/11/06, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/03/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/10/06, N Dugas <normdugas at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > > Anyone here using Silverstone cases?  In particular, I'm looking at the
> > > LC14M or LC16M.  I'm just curious to see how the remotes work and if the
> > > VFD was a pain to get working.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Norm
> >
> > I've got hte LC16, VFD and remote work like a charm.
>
> On the subject of the LC16, are there any issues the users have faced
> (incompatible hardware  / internal design or build issues / heat
> buildup?) Any solutions?
>
> A friend who is keen on my Myth boxes and who now wants one (but has
> no Linux/HTPC  experience) is after a LC16 for his media machine after
> I pointed him in the direction of the Silverstone website. He would
> like SPDIF in/out for audio to hook up to an external receiver, and
> DVI and component options for his LCD screen. We're thinking about
> perhaps using a Pentium-M CPU/mobo for added quietness without
> compromising power (peace and quiet has the edge over noisier cheaper
> components), and 5400rpm drives to keep heat down. 2 DVB-T cards with
> an option for a PVR-xx0 in the future.

The case is great, it has a fan mount in front of both sides harddrive
bays along with two side case fan mounts and two fans in the rear over
the connectors. Heat should not be an issue, but fan noise may be.
Other than that the only other issue I had was the cdrom eject button
which i had to slightly modify to hit the button the cd drive I am
using.

--
Steve