[mythtv-users] "adjust audio sync" not working?

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 13 03:41:53 UTC 2006

I've got some recordings where the audio sync is way off. I tried
fiddling with the "adjust audio sync" setting during playback, but
it doesn't appear to have any effect whatsoever. Whether I set it
to +3000ms or -3000ms, the audio is always about 2 seconds late.
If I set it to even larger values, video becomes very choppy.
Oddly enough, audio is only off by a fraction of a second when
played back with VLC.
Is adjust audio sync supposed to be working at all? Should it
work for AC3 passthrough as well? (these are OTA HD recordings)

Marco