[mythtv-users] Upgrading to 0.19 for lazy n00bs?

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Sun Mar 12 22:17:51 UTC 2006

I'll be honest, I'm a lazy n00b: I can make a Linux machine work for
me, but I couldn't get MythTV to compile to save my life. Whenever I
ask for debian-centric advice, I'm pointed to the non-existent
Malrait Debs. So I've come to rely on KnoppMyth.

Now 0.19 is out, and there's some nifty little upgrades I'd like to
get my hands on (Like MythWiFi for example), but no new KnoppMyth
version. I've also heard that there are some annoying bugs in 0.19.
I'm wondering, is an upgrade from 0.18.2 to 0.19 worth the problems,
and are there any pre-fab'd Myth installers (similar to KnoppMyth,
though I'm willing to try a non-Debian distro for once)? Or should I
just wait a while?

A hypothetical paradox:
         What would happen in a battle between an Enterprise security
team, who always get killed soon after appearing, and a squad of
Imperial Stormtroopers, who can't hit the broad side of a planet?
                 -- Tom Galloway