[mythtv-users] Searching for music hangs

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 18:24:42 UTC 2006

I have a collection of live music and CDs that is around 300GB.  I am having
trouble getting mythmusic to cooperate with this.  All of the music is in a
single directory /myth/music/

I started mythfrontend in a ssh window from the command line.  The
"searching for music" prompt ran for about 4.5 hours, then the line "Killed"
appeared in the shell and mythfrontend exited.

A few questions:
1. I know that this might cause an issue, but does linux/mythtv have issues
with a large number of folders (>1000) in a single directory?

2. Is mythmusic capable of scaling to such a large number of files?  If not,
what could I do to help?

Thanks,
Brian

mythmusic-0.19-121.rhfc3.at