[mythtv-users] OT : Anyone know a utility to scan an MPEG-2 file for errors?

Micah Wedemeyer fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net
Sun Mar 12 14:40:38 UTC 2006

I keep getting these "first frame is no keyframe" errors during
playback.  It has something to do with FF an REW.  At first I thought
moving to 0.19 had fixed it, but now it's popping up again.

In the interest of tracking the true problem down, I'm trying to start
at the very base.  I did a raw video capture from /dev/video0 (I have a
PVR-250) for about 2 hours.  I'd like to run some sort of scanner on it
to analyze if there are any problems.  If so, I would guess that my
PVR-250 is going bad and I should start looking for a replacement.  This
would not be too much of a surprise, since for about a year I had it
running in a machine that was way out of spec heat-wise, and the PVR was
routinely hot enough to burn me if I touched it.

So, anyone know of any MPEG-2 scanning utilities?  I tried playing it in
mplayer, and it seemed like it was reporting some problems, but I
couldn't really understand the output.  Maybe I should post some of it here.

Thanks,
Micah