[mythtv-users] how to schedule commercial flagging?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 12 13:46:44 UTC 2006

On 03/11/2006 09:00 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> Since upgrading to .19, my commercial flagging takes a day or two to
> start.  It uised to start flagging for commercials as soon as the
> recording was done, but this is no longer the case.  I had actually
> thought I saw some traffic on the list about the new version of myth
> being able to do real-time flagging

Start Auto-Commercial Flagging jobs when the recording starts
If set and Auto Commercial Flagging is ON for a recording, the flagging
job will be started as soon as the recording starts.  NOT recommended on
underpowered systems.

> , but maybe I misread that.

Nope.  :)

> Any idea what I can to make my flagging start sooner?

Any chance you're automatically transcoding?  If so, you've probably set:

Run Transcode Jobs before Auto-Commercial Flagging
If set, if both auto-transcode and auto commercial flagging are turned
ON for a recording, transcoding will run first, otherwise, commercial
flagging runs first.

Both of those settings are in the backend settings.

Mike