[mythtv-users] Is There Anyway to Export The Display while Leaving The Keyboard Input On The Original Machine?

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 06:14:45 UTC 2006

Steve Briggs wrote:
>> Is There Anyway to Export The Display while Leaving The Keyboard Input On The Original Machine?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Brian
>>
> Can't myth (since .19) be controlled from a telnet session?
> That "exports" the keyboard while leaving the display on the original machine --
> which probably accomplishes what you want.
>
> Steve

If you're trying to get the display on any other arbitrary screen on the
network, but want to continue using the keyboard attached to the myth
machine, which it sounds to me is what you're trying to do, then use
x11vnc.  When you use vnc, you can use either the local keyboard or the
remote one to control the session.
Raphael