[mythtv-users] XvMC with Nvidia 7676 no change in CPU usage?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 23:18:25 UTC 2006

I'm playing around with XvMC on my desktop/server since it has a
FX5200 and I'm thinking of using it as a frontend for my bedroom. I've
got Myth and mplayer compiled with XvMC support and both look like
they're using xvmc when I enable them to, but what I don't see is any
reduction in CPU usage with either.
I'm running X as root to make sure I have full privileges as I test.
I'm testing mostly with HD content since SD content uses so little CPU
on my machine to begin with.

Anyone have any idea on how to tell if XvMC is actually being used?

--
Steve