[mythtv-users] xmltv error 28416 with auto mythfilldatabase

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 11 20:03:30 UTC 2006

On 03/11/2006 12:20 PM, Christopher Friend wrote:
> I can run mythfilldatabase manually with my regular user account and the
> mythtv user account just fine, but it's never done it automatically.
>
> Setup > general > mythfilldatabase Path = mythfilldatabase (i've tried
> usr/bin/mythfilldatabase too)
> no arguments.

I hope the "usr/bin/mythfilldatabase" was actually
"/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase", but if you're getting a log file,
"mythfilldatabase" should be fine.

> Whenever it's run automatically it's always said "Last mythfilldatabase run
> started on 2006-03-10 17:39 and ended on 2006-03-10 17:39. FAILED: xmltv
> returned error code 28416." in mythweb and the equivalent in mythtv's info
> bit.

> Which looks like it can't find the Radio Times.xmltv file that I use with
> it, though like I said it runs fine manually under the mythtv user.

Is the backend running as the mythtv user?  If not, when mfdb is run
automatically, it's using the other user's HOME directory (i.e. /root or
/ if there is no HOME environment variable) to get the configuration
information.

Mike