[mythtv-users] Will this ever work in MythTV?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 11 19:05:37 UTC 2006

On 03/11/2006 11:42 AM, JDeGraw wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 09:02 -0500, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> On Mar 11, 2006, at 8:18 AM, JDeGraw wrote:
>>> My wish is that mythtv would actually name the shows that you record
>>> with the actual program name instead of the series of numbers in the
>>> *.nuv file.
>>>
>> Wish granted.
>> mythrename.pl in the contrib folder will do this for you.
> Is that available in version .18?

Nope, not possible in 0.18 (Myth won't work with files that use
different names, even if you changed the names manually).

> Didnt find it there. Did find mythname.pl

Instead of mythname.pl, use mythlink.sh to create links with real
program names.  You'll have to edit the script a bit to make it work
(there was a much easier to configure version in SVN between 0.18 and
0.19, but once Chris made mythlink.pl (which became mythrename.pl),
there was no need for mythlink.sh).  If you want the easy to configure
one (it should work with 0.18), you can get it from
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/mythlink.sh?rev=7024&format=raw

Mike