[mythtv-users] Copy from one mythbackend to another?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Mar 11 15:51:03 UTC 2006

Paul Pick wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm going to be travelling with a laptop and would like to
>take some recorded programs with me. I could copy the nuv files
>and play them outside of mythtv but I was wondering if anyone
>had done backend -> backend xfers of programs (without losing
>metadata like commflag) as I would prefer to watch the
>recordings in a frontend. If so then would you like to share
>the script?

I want this too....  I've not had a chance to write any scripts, but I
di dthink about the process a bit...  You basically dump the database,
read it into mysql on the laptop, and copy over whatever videos you want...

The big problem is that my carputer  only has room for about 60 GB of
stuff; I can't fit everything....  So ideally I want to intelligently
copy only the most recent and the most watched videos, and parse the
mysql database to remove those not copied...

I still haven't figured out how to get the 'most watched' data out of
myth....

There's also some juggling of NFS mounts to get stuff copied, but that
shouldn't be much of an issue...

--Yan