[mythtv-users] DVB-T tzap versus mythtv 0.19

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 14:24:30 UTC 2006

On 3/11/06, Doug Scoular wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I've upgraded to release-0.19-fixes (9277) and am still
>     having problems with channel tuning and the Nova-T.
>
> DanielK wrote:
>  > The Nova-T DVB driver hasn't been fixed yet. Until it is, I can say
> it's broken :)
>
>     I bow to your greater knowledge... however, I've asked Patrick
> Boettcher on
>     the linux DVB mailing list to confirm or refute this problem being
> with the
>     Nova-T driver. Hope this is okay.

I'm having similar problems, and I think the thread on LiveTV taking a
long time is pretty much down to this Nova-T/0.19 incompatibility.

DanielK, having said the driver is broken, can you please tell us what
you think the problem is so I can go off and have a poke around. This
is quite a problem for UK users as the Nova-T is a really common card
over here and DVB is spreading more and more, especially among the
kind of people who use Myth.

What are the reasons behind the move away from the FE_HAS_LOCK change?
Would some cards report this incorrectly? Maybe this could be made an
option.

Doug, could you point me at Kenneth's posts, my searches turned up
some pretty old ones that didn't seem related.

Thanks,

Robin