[mythtv-users] Why does going to live TV take so long?

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 11 07:01:16 UTC 2006

>On 03/10/2006 01:54 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>> If it can start playing immediately at a speed of .9x, then it can also
>> start playing immediately at a speed of 1.0x.
>> Your suggestion would also require resampling of the audio, which would
>> be noticable, and somewhat problematic in the case of 5.1 audio.
>Have you tried pressing 'a' and then left or right or up or down
>(several times, if desired) while watching a recording?

I could swear that when I tried this when I first got mythtv working a
few weeks ago, the audio would cut out when playing at any other speed
than 1x, but I just tried it again and it worked. A/V sync needs a little
tweaking, but otherwise pretty darn cool. Now I wish I had bought a more
powerful CPU to put in this box...

>Myth already
>does this.  I watch all my TV at 1.5x and most of it at 1.75x.  The code
>for 5.1 audio is being finalized now.

1.75x? Now *that's* making efficient use of your time... ;)

Marco