[mythtv-users] High CPU with XvMC and nvidia?

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Sat Mar 11 06:17:28 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:
>> I have finally gotten XvMC working on my new frontend. Well, seemingly
>> working. All indications are that XvMC is loaded and working, but my CPU
>> usage is actually HIGHER than when I was using straight ffmpeg/libmpeg2
>> with no hardware acceleration. Here is my setup:

I had the same problem.  The secret for me was setting up the XvMCConfig file.
Search this list, there is a lot of info on it.  I placed mine in /etc/X11 and
made a symlink of /etc/X11/XvMCConfig to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XvMCConfig.

Now I just got to get rid of the prebuffer pauses for HD playback.

	Chris