[mythtv-users] HTPC cases

Matthew Geier matthew at sleeper.apana.org.au
Sat Mar 11 04:43:09 UTC 2006

Stef Coene wrote:
> On Saturday 11 March 2006 00:22, James C. Dastrup wrote:
>
>>>4) Minor gripe: blue LEDs are annoying!  I hope I can replace it with
>>>something easier on the eyes - this is a home theater after all.
>>
>>Blue wouldn't be bad, if it wasn't sooooo bright. It lights up the entire
>>room at night. I just pulled the LED power...
>
> Me too.  I use the LCD as a power LED.  Mythtv displays always at least the
> current time on it so I know when it's on.

  Seem the over bright blue LED's are a common complaint!. I've got a
small bit of tape stuck over it as so far I haven't been motivated
enough to take the machine apart again and unplug the LED.

  My wife also didn't like the look of the front USB ports. We now have
a strip of black electrical tape over them. Now only if the inserts in
the USB ports were black instead of white.. (Or they put the USB on the
side with the firewire and headphone sockets)