[mythtv-users] Audio - PCM, Master

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 11 01:44:47 UTC 2006

On 03/10/2006 05:39 AM, R wrote:
> In the meantime, what do you think about btaudio?
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.8
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Btaudio
>
> Even with just 1 bttv card, can this reduce 1 cable?
> So the TV card's audio out is not connected to the sound card's line-in?
>
> Once I get a PVR card, will the btaudio module have any impact on the
> performace of the overall system?

If you can get it set up properly, it should do what you want.
Unfortunately, IIRC, the OSS driver for the bttv card is deprecated and
the ALSA driver is more challenging to install (and, since Myth needs an
OSS device, you'll end up using ALSA's OSS emu to record from the ALSA
driver for the BTTV card...).

But, if anyone can help you get it working, they would be here or on
#mythtv-users on freenode.  :)

You should be able to use the ivtv and bttv drivers together just fine,
but make sure you load the ivtv card first and then the bttv card.

Mike