[mythtv-users] PIII 450-frontend: too slow?

Al Bogner mythtv-users at ml061.pinguin.uni.cc
Fri Mar 10 18:44:20 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, 10. März 2006 19:24 schrieb Big Wave Dave:

> I have a PIII 550, and it works great.  One thing that helps a lot is
> having an nvidia card with XVMC.

I have a P II 450 too and I notice a big difference with xine. With the P III
the video with xine is flawless, but with the P II not.

Maybe the reason is the graphics-adapter. I hate this Radeon 7000 VE, since it
made a lot of problems, but it looks like the driver has become better, than
years before and now it works even with 3D. Do you think a Geforce 2 MX
should be better? I fear I get a lot of problems, when I switch from ATI to
Nvidia. I have also an unused Gefoce TI, but I would'nt like to use the TI
with this machine.

Al