[mythtv-users] wrong bitrate detected

Dawning Sky the.dawning.sky at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 17:36:39 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have some low bitrate recording from my local PBS station (KQED San
Francisco) in digital SD that I recorded off the Comcast cable using
HD-3000.  Half an hour worth of recording is about 800MB.  So I calculated
the bitrate is about 1800 kbps.  MythTV is having problems playing back
these recordings.  It plays as if it's in slow motion.  And the sound is
distorted too--shifted to lower frequency.  And in the frontend log I found
out that MythTV thought the recording was at 81 kbps.

   stream: start_time: 8234.631 duration: 82875.702 bitrate=81 kb/s

So I'm wondering where is the problem: the braodcaster, Comcast, HD-3000, or
MythTV?

I'm using 0.19 and FC3 2.6.12 kernel.

BTW, I had this problem before with 0.18.  And after telling the backend to
record in TS instead of PS, the problem disappeared.  And as I understand
it, in 0.19, the recordings are in TS.

Thanks.

DS