[mythtv-users] 720x480 interlaced modeline for nvidia/svideo

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Mar 10 16:00:54 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 07:40 -0800, Nick Bartos wrote:

> So why did you go back to the nvidia card if the 350 works so well?

Indeed.  Now that the 350 has XV support (which it sounds like it does
from various posts here), why bother with a 5200?  Sounds like you get
good interlaced output via XV from it and that (reportedly) awesome
looking output from on-card decoded MPEG2, why bother with anything
else?

> If it
> would be better, I am definitely willing to buy another card and put it
> in.

I have been thinking about a second tuner anyway.  Maybe a 350 replacing
my 5200 is the way to go.

b.

Brian J. Murrell