[mythtv-users] Which remote?

Joel Ostheller j.ostheller at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 05:39:08 UTC 2006

ummm... well you'll have to hunt. a RF keyboard was unacceptable for me, and
I wasnt going to spend 100 bucks for it either. so I hunted and looked and
searched and finally found a few places that was carrying these outdated
keyboards. I cant tell you where to go now because it was a year ago when I
found it. My friend who followed me down the myth trail 4 months later, also
went to find the same keyboard and he couldnt turn up anything. anyways...
the best info i can give you is model number... PC Concepts model number (or
should i say Mode No like it is printed on the back =D) is SK-7100. Now this
keyboard got bought out buy losts of other people and so it has many
different names and MN's... they are all the same. Try and find a USB one
though... its a great keyboard and worth at least 75 bucks.... good luck.

my remote control had no problems learning it either...

On 3/9/06, Raphael Pooser <rpooser at gmail.com> wrote:

> Joel Ostheller wrote:
> > I am probably in a very small minority here, but I decided against
> > LIRC. Instead I found this great IR keyboard for 5 bucks. I then took
> > my expensive IR remote control that was controling all my home
> > electronics, and just taught it the keys that are needed in myth. Its
> > pretty slick... with 1 key press, my tv comes up on the correct input,
> > receiver comes up on correct input, and my remote LCD screen readjusts
> > itself for controlling myth. I like the simplicity of having 1 remote
> > and RF wasnt going to do that for me unless I spent more then I was
> > willing to pay on an overpriced RF keyboard.
> >

> hey, uh, where did you get this IR keyboard for only $5?  If it's
> anywhere I can go I'm there.
> Raphael

  I have sworn upon the altar of God,
eternal hostility against every form of
tyranny over the mind of man. -Jefferson