[mythtv-users] Has anyone tried upgrading an i386 to x64?

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 05:07:30 UTC 2006

> On your system setup:  You mentioned you disabled the onboard ethernet, in
> favor of a 3Com Gig-E.  My K8v has a 3Com Gig-E on board:   "Ethernet
> controller: 3Com Corporation 3c940 10/100/1000Base-T [Marvell] (rev 12)".
> You may not need to have the PCI card installed.

I havent kept up with network hardware, I knew that the onboard nic was
Marvell, and didnt ever relate marvell to 3com, I moved all this between
1201am and 1:30am and my price concern was making sure it was up before I
went to bed, so for simplicities sake I just used the card I knew I had the
modules installed for, now that you tell me that it might show up in linux
as a very similar card, I might pull out the card and just enable onboard
and see what happens, I just need to have my box up before 8pm EST friday,
because its stargate night, and I would hate to make my recordings list miss
a recording,