[mythtv-users] Anyone care to share their XBOX .19 install

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Mar 10 00:30:01 UTC 2006

Monkey Pet wrote:
> I am wondering if that image is going to be specific to the revision
> of the xboxes.  I think the previous image was taken from xbox version
> 1.5.
>
> Tom, Can you try this rootfs?
>
> http://yoeu.net/~fa/rootfs.bz2 <http://yoeu.net/%7Efa/rootfs.bz2>
>
> I am assuming that you have the other files already.  Extract it and
> just overwrite the previous rootfs file with this one.  It was taken
> off a xebian install on a newer 1.6 version of the xbox.
>
> If this works, then I'll go into the Xebian install scripts and see if
> it tries to do do things differently according to xbox versions.
No joy in Mudville. Seems to be the same (or similar result). The video
is all screwy to start, and then the screen is just all black. I was
thinking, I use the HD cables to connect to the component input on my
TV, is it possible that is the problem? I'll swith to regular composite
to see if that makes a difference.

Tom