[mythtv-users] Which remote?

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Fri Mar 10 00:11:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 18:38 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/09/2006 06:31 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > Robert, you should be good to go. Just to make sure you understand
> > some things though....
> >
> > The pcHDTV HD3000 card has no mpeg encoder on it, so its great for
> > HDTV via QAM (read: cable lines) and ATSC (read: over the air)
>
> = digital broadcast, already encoded in MPEG-2.
>
> > , but
> > for using an external tuner its not the best since it will use the CPU
> > to encode the video.
> >
> And can only handle standard-definition capture in this mode.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I am going to look into those RF
keyboards, sounds like a great idea, I need a wireless keyboard anyway.
I'll get back to you guys here once everything is here and I get the box
setup next to my ent system. I want HD capture, that is for sure, I
guess I can split off the OTA I have to the card directly to the HDTV
card to do this? What do you guys recommend for the feed from the set
top box?

--
Robert