[mythtv-users] Which remote?

Joel Ostheller j.ostheller at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 23:52:18 UTC 2006

I am probably in a very small minority here, but I decided against LIRC.
Instead I found this great IR keyboard for 5 bucks. I then took my expensive
IR remote control that was controling all my home electronics, and just
taught it the keys that are needed in myth. Its pretty slick... with 1 key
press, my tv comes up on the correct input, receiver comes up on correct
input, and my remote LCD screen readjusts itself for controlling myth. I
like the simplicity of having 1 remote and RF wasnt going to do that for me
unless I spent more then I was willing to pay on an overpriced RF keyboard.

On 3/9/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 03/09/2006 06:22 PM, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> > I have MythTV all setup and ready to go with LIRC installed. Now for my
> > question. I am having a hard time deciding on a remote. Looking at the
> > hardware list on the wiki, the ATI RW II seems the best, but cannot find
> > it for sale anywhere. Is this recommended and where to buy?
> >

> I wouldn't say the best, but it works well, and the RF is nice.  I use
> the RW (not RW II) and am happy with it but have plans to try to make it
> work better if I find the time...
>
> RW II
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16880100402
> or the RW
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16880100401
>
> Mike

  I have sworn upon the altar of God,
eternal hostility against every form of
tyranny over the mind of man. -Jefferson