[mythtv-users] .19 Mythweb htaccess problem

Martin Madsen martin at sprithuset.dk
Thu Mar 9 20:05:54 UTC 2006

>To get authentication to work for MythWeb 0.19, I had to change the
>directives in the .htaccess file that ships with MythWeb as follows:

>AuthType Digest changed to AuthType Basic
>AuthDigestFile /var/www/htdigest changed to AuthUserFile /var/www/htpasswd

I have tried to change to Basic and this actually got it working for my.
Turned out I needed to get a better understanding on what htaccess really
was and how it's configured before I could make the configuration file
right.

It seems I have the same problem as you with Digest not being loaded.
Apache2 complained when I had the line AuthDigestFile in httpd.conf.
Something about it not being able to find the htdigest module.

Thanks for your help,
Best Regards
Martin Madsen