[mythtv-users] Moving Recordings to a Myth box

Daniel A Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Thu Mar 9 19:59:36 UTC 2006

Andrew Close wrote:
> On 3/9/06, Ryan Ollerenshaw <ryanollerenshaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Any advice on how to set it up or what video player to use (mPlayer, Xine,
>> ect.)
>>

> Ryan,
>
> it's a piece of cake.  just copy your videos to your mythbox and into
> the /myth/videos directory.  after they're all copied over you hope on
> the frontend and jump into Utilities/Setup and then the video manager.
>  when you enter the video manager it scans the /myth/video directory
> for new videos.  they then are added to the DB.  now you pop back out
> to the main menu.  go to the selection under watch tv (recordings or
> media???) and select videos instead of recordings.  you should be able
> to select and watch your vids now.

Note that you don't have to ever go into the Video Manager if you're
content with just picking the videos from a list; as long as they are in
the proper directory you'll see them and can pick and play them just
fine (there may be an option you need to set to allow browsing or to
always pick up new files or something like that). I'm not sure what
Video Manager actually does...maybe adds the movie poster and additional
details if it can find them? I don't use it at all.

Daniel