[mythtv-users] MythDora, ATrpms andPlextor go7007 drivers

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann-mythtvusers at litech.org
Thu Mar 9 03:45:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 02:04:42PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> Well I'm still at it, trying to get a Plextor TV-402U to work on a
> MythDora installation.
>
> Once again, the drivers build without errors, but trying to insert
> the modules results in :
>
> kernel: snd_go7007: Unknown symbol snd_pcm_new
> Mar  8 13:24:08 myther kernel: snd_go7007: disagrees about version of
> symbol snd_pcm_lib_ioctl
[...]
> The alsa RPMs are from the AT repository:
>
> [root at myther ~]# rpm -qa | grep alsa
> alsa-driver-1.0.10-43.rhfc4.at

Uh, that's probably the problem right there.  It looks like you're *not*
running the ALSA drivers that came with the kernel, but a separate
installation of them directly from the ALSA release.

Try running this command on that system:

   strings /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/sound/core/snd.ko | grep -i alsa

If the ALSA version number listed is 1.0.10rc3, then you're running the
ALSA that's shipped in kernel 2.6.15.  If the ALSA version number is
1.0.10, then you're running ALSA modules from an externally compiled
package.  -Nathan