[mythtv-users] translucent OSD?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 16:22:53 UTC 2006

--- Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/7/06, Jim Minihane <min02jsm at minihane.tzo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Why is it only a PVR-350 thing? What functionality
> does the 5200 lack that
> > the 350 has? The translucent EPG is a great
> feature? Do other video cards
> > support this?
> >

> The 5200 doesn't lack anything to do this, it's the
> 350 that lacks the
> ability to scale the video and put it in the corner.
>
> --
> It was supposed to be so Easy.

I'd also like to add that you will only get the
translucent EPG only if you are using the MPEG-2
decoder of the PVR-350.  If you use the Xdriver (for
Xv mode), then the normal EPG with the scaled down
video is used.

Personally, I found the translucent EPG a bother with
the PVR-350 MPEG-2 decoder (I'd rather have the video
scaled in the corner), but to each his/her own.

-- Joe