[mythtv-users] DVB Subtitles causing jerks

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Wed Mar 8 12:06:54 UTC 2006

Hmm...

 > Ahaa, this might explain why I also have jerk, but only on certain
 > channels, and only sometimes. I will try to check if it is the
 > subtitles that does it.
 >
 > I don't have an answer to what to do, but I don't think it is the
 > processor as I have a Athlon 2000+ here.
 >
 > It is really irritating, one reson why I have been looking at VDR
 > lately.

My other 2 frontends doesn't have this problem, and one is an AMD Athlon
XP 1700+ with a good quality motherboard, and the other is an Mac Mini
with an 1.25GHz PPC processor.

Both Athlons are using the same binaries, compiled on the XP 1700+
platform and copied over to the Athlon 800 frontend.  Used the very same
binary for the P3 666 as well.  Though the P3 666 was in a half decent
motherboard, while the Athlon 800 is in a really nasty cheap board.

Cheers - Piers