[mythtv-users] 720x480 interlaced modeline for nvidia/svideo

Nick Bartos spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com
Wed Mar 8 05:08:55 UTC 2006

I am trying to get an interlace modeline for my nvidia svideo output,
basically trying to get it so that I don't need to use deinterlacing.

Anyway I can't seem to get one to work.  One way or another X won't use
the modes I am trying.  I can get one 720x480 mode to work that was
created by gtf, but it doesn't have the "interlace" keyword in it so I
didn't think that was what I wanted (still need to deinterlace, otherwise
I get a lot of motion jitter).

Does anyone have one of these, or point me in a direction to a modeline
generator that will do this.  I have tried gtf and videogen.  Also I have
tried several that I copied from web pages but none worked.  Also I see I
can use HD480i instead of NTSC-M in the xorg.conf, but I haven't been able
to get it to work at all.