[mythtv-users] Oh happy day! Thank you TiVo!

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 8 04:45:18 UTC 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 9:35 PM, Mike wrote:

> Richard Bronosky wrote:
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060307/tc_nm/verizon_tivo_dc_3
>>
>> We can all quit messing with these silly open source, DRM free,
>> totally unhindered, customizable DVRs.  TiVo now has an exclusive
>> relationship with a single wireless phone provider.  They say
>> "pricing
>> will be announced at a later time", but who cares what it costs!
>>
>> What a joke! "Shares of TiVo climbed 4.6 to $5.88 in morning trade on
>> Nasdaq."  So who is the fool here?
>>

> This is wierd, I can already schedule things from my phone just
> fine and
> it doesn't cost me a thing. I must be getting screwed or something
> because thats a pretty sweet deal tivo has there.

Yeah, and I just read that Microsoft's Windows Media Center Edition
allows you to have "up to TWO" tuners !!! Wow, that's great. I guess
I'll turn my 4-PVR, 2-Plextor Myth system into a planter and rush to
my nearest Circuit City and pay $$$ for MCE, ooops, I forgot, they
won't sell me MCE, I have to buy a computer with it pre-installed.