[mythtv-users] backend does not notice when my frontend crashes

Peter Diffey pedro at heroic.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 22:07:50 UTC 2006

Hi,

Something funny going on with my mail, and posts are getting chopped to 2 lines., lets try again.

I am running 0.19 on  FC4 , the backend has two cards and is very stable.

The front end runs just fine on a separate 800Mhz P3

rom time to time the frontend crashes - usually user induced problems
when I have been screwing about, young son reboots the machine etc.

I find that after a frontend crash, the backend is unaware that the
frontend has gone away, so I am unable to watch live TV from whichever
card was currently in use.

Short of restarting the backend, how can I clear up these old connections ?

Pete Diffey
UK