[mythtv-users] playing back recordings via MythWeb

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 16:13:58 UTC 2006

David Watkins wrote:
> On 07/03/06, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>
>> How do people play back recordings via mythweb?
>>

> Well on windows I use a combination of dsmyth, samba and vlc.  It
> works very nicely even over wireless, apart from the few files which
> have no sound!  The no sound issue appears to be related to some DVB-T
> recordings and has no easy resolution that I can find.

I recently realized that I have bad seeking problems on my windows
machine with VLC so that it's difficult to skip the commercials.  It can
play the file at normal speed perfectly.  I switched over to Media
Player Classic and it seeks perfectly, as if they were local files.
VLC is the only thing I have that can decode a 640x480 mpeg4 stream
though.  Media player classic fails to render it for some reason but can
do a 480x480 stream no problem.  Until I get a fix for the seek problem
in VLC I'm using media player classic.
Raphael