[mythtv-users] how to send patch for mythburn

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Mar 7 11:16:49 UTC 2006

Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> On Monday 06 March 2006 5:30 pm, Paul Harrison wrote:
>
>> Should be fixed in cvs now.
>>

> I'd love to see a patch that integrates mythburn-ui into the normal mythplugins
> build framework. I'm trying to hack/build it locally on a Gentoo machine without
> any luck. I keep getting this:
>
> # make
> g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -march=i686 -mcpu=pentium3 -pipe -D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/qt/3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/libs/libmythtv -I/libs/libmyth -I/usr/qt/3/include -o main.o main.cpp
> distcc[11721] ERROR: compile (null) on localhost failed
> In file included from main.cpp:21:
> recoptions.h:13:25: programinfo.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from main.cpp:21:
> recoptions.h:67: error: `ProgramInfo' was not declared in this scope
> recoptions.h:67: error: syntax error before `>' token
> recoptions.h:68: error: `ProgramInfo' was not declared in this scope
> recoptions.h:68: error: template argument 1 is invalid
> recoptions.h:68: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `selectedList' with no
>    type
> recoptions.h:69: error: `ProgramInfo' was not declared in this scope
> recoptions.h:69: error: template argument 1 is invalid
> recoptions.h:69: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `useCutlistList' with no
>    type
> main.cpp: In function `int mythplugin_run()':
> main.cpp:135: error: `PREFIX' undeclared (first use this function)
> main.cpp:135: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
>    function it appears in.)
> distcc[11720] ERROR: compile main.cpp on localhost failed
> make: *** [main.o] Error 1
> Exit 2
>
> Obviously programinfo.h is missing, but that's a mythtv src header file. Plugins
> shouldn't normally need that sort of thing. Either mythburn-ui needs to be cleaned
> up to support the standard mythplugins build scripts, or mythtv's source needs to
> be modified to make programinfo.h available to plugins.
>
> I don't know enough about either program to know where to start.

The aim is to eventually add some form DVD creation functionality as a
frontend plugin to mythtv. It wont be the
version you are trying to compile but a new improved one.

I think the key to your problem is actually this:

main.cpp:135: error: `PREFIX' undeclared (first use this function)

Are you trying to compile the plugin standalone? The plugin is designed
to compile like _all_ other plugins at least
official  ones. It will only compile from within the plugins directory.
You need to run 'qmake mythburn-ui.pro'  so
it can then pickup its setting for  'PREFIX' and all the other settings
required to compile and link like include paths
from the mythplugins build directory.

It needs to find both the mythplugins source and the mythtv sources. Due
to recent changes in svn HEAD to how
the MythMainWindow is found it won't compile with any revision after
r9156. It should work with the fixes branch
with no problems.

Hope this helps. To be honest I don't wont to spend any more time on the
old UI. I want to concentrate on the
new one.

Paul H.