[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA XvMC problems upgrading from 0.18 to 0.19

Rod Emerson rod at emerson.id.au
Tue Mar 7 06:52:36 UTC 2006

Sorry about messing up the threading, only
just joined the list.

I have a Via SP1300, XvMC is working for me with 0.19.

I rebuilt the (Mandriva) PLF rpm's with the following :

echo libviaXvMCPro.so.1.0 > /etc/X11/XvMCConfig

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-audio-arts --disable-audio-jack \
             --disable-dbox2 --enable-dvb --enable-dvb-eit \
             --disable-dvd --disable-firewire --disable-ivtv \
             --disable-joystick-menu --disable-lirc \
             --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-xvmc --enable-xvmc-pro

The Mandriva 2006.0 kernel has a broken DRI, without DRI
you cannot use XvMC.

I did the following to get a working DRI :

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at dri.freedesktop.org:/cvs/dri login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at dri.freedesktop.org:/cvs/dri co drm
cd drm/linux-core
make LINUXDIR=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build DRM_MODULES=via
cp -f drm.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm/
cp -f via.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm/

To Stephen Dolan, you mention that you got the colour OSD
working with the patch from changeset 7569, I assume you
modified the patch so it applies cleanly.
If you did, would you be willing to share the modified
patch.